Happened again last night for the first time in quite a while. My addon memory usage was reported at right around 145MB, which seems to be the magic number for me. No addon was using more than 5MB though, and nothing was using anything higher than normal, so I don't understand what would be using over 60MB more than the usage reported after a login or reloadui. I did frequent manual garbage collections (via performancefu) as the number climbed, but they didn't reduce the memory usage by more than a couple MB. It's almost like something is creating garbage that the LUA engine doesn't know how to collect but isn't able to attribute to an addon.
I've only had this errors for a couple of days now, and I had a hard tome to retrieve the error message, since after the bug I couldn't click or use BugGrabber at all. Anyway, my error is:
[2008/05/22 19:01:19-2830-x3]: memory allocation error: block too big:
<in C code>: in function `SetAttribute'
Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:98: in function Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:79>:
and I can't think of a reason for it to happen, since I had to leave the computer for a couple minutes and when I came back it had the BugGrabber window up (I told it to pop up after an error)
I stopped using any Ace mod using Cowtip or not up to date with the current version of WoW and I have not seen this issue since. The down side to this is I am unable to use Arkinventory, Skinner or Sorren's Timers.
i did some intense testing during the last weeks.
I came to the the conclusion that ArkInventory is causing the error for ME.
1. Raiding (ArkInventory enabled)
Kara raiding time. The error came up nearly every hour. I went to Kara 4 times and with ArkInventory enabled the error could be reproduced very reliable each time.
2. Questing (ArkInventory enabled)
At two days i had the time to complete all 25 daily quests. Lasted about 5 hours. At the first day the error came up 2 times. Not as frequent as when going to Kara but it was there. At day 2 the error came up one time only but it was there.
3. Raiding (Combuctor enabled)
3 times Kara raiding again. AI disabled, Cumbuctor enabled. No errors at all.
4. Questing (Combuctor enabled)
3 days of heavy daily questing again. No errors.
So for my setup AI is the causing the annoying issue. I can remember that it appeared for the first time since i had update to the AI version introducing the mailbox and current gear support. The bad thing about that is that i REALLY love this addon. No other bag addon has to offer so much nice features.
I hope that the author of AI can take a closer look at this. Perhaps its not the addon itself but a library it uses.