Two people pointed out that this problem occured at around 140MB of adddon memory. My addon setup uses 180MB on login and around 220MB after a few hours and I have never encoutered error described in the first post (I have 2GB of RAM and Windows reports 750-800MB memory usage for WoW). Although if you don't count Battlegrounds I've never raided yet (main on level 47).
BTW: I also don't use ArkInventory (using OneBag) or CowTip (using TipTac).
OK, just had it happen again, and reported AddOn memory usage at the time was 98MB... so there goes the 140MB theory...
Edit: ...and again at 91MB... Seems to be happening more often on my new alt (Hunter with pet) than it was on my main (Paladin). I know at least a few times I've seen this that the error showed up being reported as AceEvent being the source. Not sure if that's been the case for all occurences so far though, as I either don't remember or wasn't paying attention to it at the time.
It occours after a few hours of playing when I talked to a Vendor in TB. Memory size was exactly at 129.2 MiB.
Some things still work, the game does not crash. Anything related to Addons (open Frames, Quartz, Pitbull) does not. Ark Inventory still works full, create new rules, destroy items, sell items, or equip items(with rightclicking of course, as there are noch vendor or charakter frames (to see)), everything work.
I hope it helps. :)
I will post again if i find out something new.
And btw. Hi to all :)
[2008/04/19 00:48:32-116-x6]: memory allocation error: block too big:
<in C code>: in function `SetScript'
Enhancer\f_CreateButton.lua:188: in function `Pulse'
Enhancer\e_UpdateTotems.lua:129: in function <Interface\AddOns\Enhancer\e_UpdateTotems.lua:115>
(tail call): ?:
<in C code>: ?
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher":9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher"]:5>
(tail call): ?:
AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:140: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:114>
I get this same/similar error. I don't excede 100MB or anything, and it only happens in complex fights like council. It sometimes happens on Zul'Jin on a phase change also. It's been happening quite often and it locks up my keybindings & quartz castbars, as well as chat. The only way I can get rid of it is by ctrl + alt + delete & ending process.
Updated several addons today and booooom, the memory allocation errors from AceEvents.
Mostly during mail, bag, scan activities.
Then I saw the realy, realy huge memory consumptions and increasing rates from BtmScanner/Auctioneer.
Downgrades Auctioneer now back to 5.0.PRE.2887 (from where I updated today) - much less increasing rates and no errors till now.
Going further with "the list", I've so far tried disabling Aloft (still crashed), and rolled back to the previous build of AuctioneerAdvanced I was running prior to seeing these issues (still crashed).
So... I've still got these I plan to check out on my end before looking at others.
I am also getting this error but only when making some rules on Arkinventory or changing some of the settings. I can reproduce my memory allocation error only with Arkinventory turned on. Other ace mods seem fine to me.
I have not had this error since I turned off BeanCounter, but again, I haven't had the chance to have a super-large amount of mail.
I play for hours at a time, my memory commonly sitting at 300 mb total usage (huge amount of addons), and the crash only ever occurs if I check 150 mail in under 5 minutes. It has /sometimes/ occurred after a long time playing with several smaller mail checks, but I can't pinpoint when/why. It has /always/ occurred at a mailbox.
It appears (to me) to be a conflict between BeanCounter and ArkInventory, probably caused by AI's new feature of scanning the mailbox. Your mileage may vary. There may be some flaw in the library and this is just one way to provoke it. (I don't raid yet.)
I find it really annoying and it ALWAYS occurs at a mailbox for me. I do a lot of mailbox activity, there's 50 items/letters, I open all, go back, there's 50 more, and go back, there's 50 more and it crashes. Same error message.
I find that any frames open at the time are 'locked' open. (For instance, my mailbox stays open even when I walk away from it.) The game gets incredibly laggy, as if it's processing an infinite loop. (I really think infinite loop is causing this.) No frames become visible afterward, but blizzard frames still 'work'. (I can talk to a vendor and sell stuff, though I don't see the window.)
/console reloadui causes the game to 'disconnect' after attempting to reload, sometimes a crash, sometimes just so laggy it's a disconnect. So it apparently is still on an infinite loop even after a reload.
This is exactly the same issue I am seeing, Game becomes slow, I cannot close the mailbox window but after closing ArkInventory the game seems to recover slightly. If i also force a garbage dump the game is fine but still the mailbox does not close. If i click the close button i get some generic error message, /reloadui /quit /logout all cause the game to crash.