I just reinstalled wow and used AceUpdater to install cycircled, bartender 3, and fubar. Problem is, when I log into my character, none of the mods show up. They are checked as being enabled, and the keybindings for bartender show up (starting with bar 3) but noting else shows up. The stock UI is still in place.
I only selected cartographer. I am getting no errors, and I did the default WITH externals. I added cart, and omen from the installer, and auctioneer from thier site, and lighteded from curse. that is all that that is installed. ONLY lightheaded and auctioneer are working.
the mod also shows up in the addon list when you log into wow, but is not appearing within the game (map normal size, with no cartographer button)
edit : The updater is pointing to the correct directory (default install) and the folders are in it.
I'm also having this problem, it happens only with Ace Addons that have been installed/updated with the WAU. You can install addons like Xperl using the WAU and it?ll work just fine. The addons are in the addon list that's on the character's screen, so yeah... they are correctly installed. Also, I deleted some addons and decided to try getting them from pages like WoWInterface or CurseGaming, and they worked, but by the time I updated them with the WAU they stopped working. Finally, I noticed that this also happens with addons that haven?t been updated for a long time now (Example: Squeenix).
With all of this said, I can only conclude that is the WAU doing something wrong somewhere. Like I said, the addons will appear at the addons list on the charaters screen, but they just wont show up in the game... and commands like /al (atlas loot), wont do anything and they will be treated as non existant commands.
I too am having this problem with mods not loading when I get them from WAU.
There are no in-game error messages at all.
The mods show up in the "Addons" list before I enter the game, and they are all showing active, with no errors.
I load into the game, and any WAU-installed mod fails to load.
I've tried updating with and without externals, full WoW reinstall, everything.
A little background, I just removed my old interface setup I was using, and wanted to set things back up again. Prior to this I was using WAU just fine. Now all of a sudden it is failing pretty badly. I even went so far as to remove and completely reinstall and repatch WoW to try to get it working again, to no avail.
I figured out what my original problem was. I downloaded bartender 3 from Wow UI and compared the zip file I got with what the ace updater installed... the downloaded zip contained several sub-folders (libs, etc} while the addon downloaded with the auto updater did not include these... I installed the downloaded file over the one installed via the updater and the addon works fine now.
Yep. That sounds right. You told WAU to download your mods WITHOUT externals - that's without the libraries. They would have been red on the Addons screen, saying that they had dependencies missing, and if you had errors turned on in Interface Options, you would have been told that they were missing libraries.