Yes, that is not something I can help. What you can do is, get rid of Cartographer_Routes. Delete it. Download and install Routes (the Ace3 standalone upgrade), it has far better options, node clustering stuff and things, and more importantly, you can control whether updates to the data will automatically add/remove nodes to your routes.
You can also get GatherMate, another addon I wrote alongside Routes, which will replace Cartographer_Mining.
Funny as it sounds to you, I do not have have a character with gathering professions, and I wrote GatherMate and Routes.
Cartographer is still useful to have, if you use some of its modules for their features, such as Cartographer_Notes (which I am writing a standalone replacement for), InstanceMaps, InstanceNotes, GuildCoords, Waypoints, and a bunch of other things you might or might not use.
I use wowhead/thott whatever for items etc, don't care where guild members are. If needed we can party up and fly to each other.
Waypoints instancemaps notes etc arent interesting either, so whatever can reduce my total memory usage is more than welcome.
Basically you're saying all i need is "routes" and the data file?
Gathermate is probably still needed to "add" gas nodes or mining nodes to the existing data, correct?
If i can remove cartographer, only the better. The routes, tracking and the (look n feel) are the only real features i use.
Got mapster, looks ok.
Got routes, gathermate, gathermate_data, gathermate_cartimport
Trying to figure out how to actually use the gm_cartimport addon now, as gathermate doesn't seem to recognize the old data.
Got cartographer, and cartographer_data still running, but the checkbox is grayed out.
Basically i have 2 lines on my map now. 1 is the old detailed route in zangarmarsh from the old cartographer routes, which the routes addon seems to have taken over. Which is good. And i disabled cartographer routes now.
However, gathermate's database also has a number of nodes in it, and routes was able to make a seperate route from that, but didn't merge the 2 routes into 1 new one.
Also, gathermate doesn't seem to add newly found nodes to it's database and update the route when a new gas cloud is found.
The FAQ options says there's an option for it, but it's nowhere to be found. This is one of those options that should definitely be enabled by default.
Splitting the database in the same manner that cartographer has it (gas, mining, herbalism) would also be nice, as not all characters need the entire database in memory.
Would also be quite nice if routes integrated into gathermate, and gathermate had a button on the minimap like mapster and cartographer have.
All the issues you have, have solutions and/or are your own errors, such as lack of understanding.
1. GatherMate_CartImport only imports from your Cartographer_Mining/herbalism/ExtractGas/Fishing/Treasure. It does *not* import from Cartographer_Data. What Cartographer_Data does it in overwrites your Cartographer_Mining/herbalism/Treasure databases on every login.
To import these nodes into GatherMate, you GatherMate + Cartographer_Professions + Cartographer_Herbalism/etc + GatherMate_CartImport. (not Cartographer_Data)
2. Or, you can skip all of step 1 completely, and just import from GatherMate_Data. The data in GatherMate_Data and Cartographer_Data are identical, both from WowHead.
3. Routes is a completely separate addon from Cartographer_Routes. They are different, do not interact with each other or touch each other. You can run both at the same time with no issues. Routes will not import any settings/routes from Cartographer_Routes. You assumed otherwise.
Again, repeat, they are 2 different addons, they don't touch each other. You recreate all your routes in Routes, you don't import them.
4. The newly created routes in Routes will automatically insert/delete nodes by default. You were using GatherMate + Cartographer_Routes. Hence when you gathered a new node in GatherMate, Cartographer_Routes does not update your route.
5. The option is already on by default. It is found in the "root" of the "Routes" subtree, one level up above all the zone names.
6. Routes is designed to work with any gathering addon, such as Cartographer_Blah, GatherMate and even Gatherer. As such, Routes will never be integrated into GatherMate.
7. If every addon added a minimap button, we would have over 150 buttons on the minimap.
Got the import working "i think".
Had to have cartographer_professions running, which wasn't clear in the original description.
5. I guess it's in "routes".
The gathermate data is selectedr, but it's not adding new finds to the database that i can see, or autoupdate to the route while gathering. Which carto_route used to do.
6. As for integration, i mean, would it be possible for gathermate to add a tab that says "routes" when it detects the routes addon?
It doesn't have to be merged, but it would seem a lot more userfriendly if the gathermate addon could detect routes and offer improved functionality by showing you a routes subsection.
7. This is my bad, i was actually thinking of the worldmap, where mapster has a button in the topright corner.
Though there are addons which "eat up" all the minimap buttons and offer them trough a sub menu.
Is it possible to manually expand the gas database, like carto_gas can be? (see the other topic on this forum)
When the.. etc.
Select sources of data
* Carto (disabled)
* Gathermate (active)
* Gatherer (disabled)
Subtag Zangarmarsh :
* You have 1 routes in zangarmarsh
Subtag Swamp Gas :
* This route has 305 nodes and is 20344 yards long
* This route has nodes that... : Gas
* This route contains : Swamp Gas
* This route is not a clustered route.
* This route has no taboo regions
* This route contains 0 nodes that have been tabooed