Thanks for the feedback. Using Curse, WUU handles both addons without issue.
However, my goal is to get both of these addons from WoWAce (I want the alpha versions), and that is where I am running into problems. Deleting & re-adding these addons from WoWAce does not resolve the issue for me.
Thanks for clarifying what you were trying to do.
I've looked at the code and there are a couple of issues that you've highlighted, I've fixed them and uploaded a patch.
It might take a while to come through so if you're happy making changes to source files then the changes are as follows:
- In Wurm.py, line 1427
change war.curseforge.com to www.wowace.com
- In site_re.txt, line 10, (wowace_dlversion)
add an underscore (_) to [a-zA-Z0-9\-] so that it becomes [a-zA-Z0-9\-_]
I did some more playing around with this, and discovered that for some reason, when I have WUU take me to the Chatter web page (whether by right-click -> Open Addon Page, or by the Link option on the right), it insists on taking me to http://www.curseforge.com/projects/?search=Chatter, which of course is not correct.
If I set Chatter to any site other than WoWAce, the link goes to the selected site. When I set it back to WoWAce, it takes me to CurseForge again.
This seems to be unique to the Chatter AddOn. All my other WoWAce addons (including DrDamage) take me to WoWAce when I try them.
For now, I have configured both Chatter & DrDamage using the OtherSite setting, so I am at least able to check for updated versions. Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out how to get the OtherSite option to work with the Open Download Page option for manual updating, or to automatically update from WoWAce (didn't expect this to work anyway, due to WoWAce's desire to prevent 3rd party updaters from automatically downloading).
I've just tried both these addons and they worked fine for me. Please delete them via WUU and then add them again. I use the Addon -> Install from -> URL... option and give it the URL of the Curse page. The link and menu options then take me to the correct page.
How can I install a new addon from this updater? I've looked the various menu and the only option that I've see for this job is "Addon->Install from->website" (maybe).
How can I add other websites to add more addons in the list? Cosmos isn't enough.
You can get help on how to use it by choosing the WUUki option from the Help menu.
The way I use it is to use the "Addon -> Install from -> URL..." option and paste in the url of the webpage that has the Addon information. This works for Curse, WoWAce, GoogleCode, WoWI, DBM sites and also supports git:// url's.
Alternatively you can use the "Addon -> New" option and the edit the >>New Addon<< entry to change the Friendly Name to the name of the Addon you are adding, change the Source Site to one of the ones in the list and enter the Site ID, usually the addon id/no, the tooltip should help identify what is required. Click save and then choose Version check from the Addon's context menu. If it checks ok then choose Update from the Addon's context menu to download and install it.
What does "Update local version" on the context menu do? It seems to overwrite the installed version number with the latest online version number without actually updating the addon. If that's all it's supposed to do, may I suggest moving it to a different part of the context menu where it's not so easy to hit it by mistake?
Also, trying to update Talented from Curse using "Update from local file" just hangs WUU. It says something like "1 addon queued for updating" and nothing else happens. Other Curse mods update from local file just fine. Nothing in the log file that I could see.
'Update local version' is used to update the local version file if you have downloaded and installed an Addon without using WUU so that WUU can be used to check it in the future.
Talented is working for me, I've just tried it. If you still don't have any joy then try using the version hosted on WOWI
I am having trouble configuring WUU to update an addon using the OtherSite option. I am afraid the RegExp stuff has me completely confused. I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with the correct settings.
The addon I am trying to get WUU to monitor is Enhanced Flight Map by Lysidia. The Site ID is http://lysaddons.game-host.org. The Addon Info Page is efm/index.html.
I tried to do this and failed but this addon is also hosted on GoogleCode, so if you set it up to use GoogleCode as the Source Site and lysaddons as the Siteid it will work.