It does work if I allow it to go directly to the Internet. When I set a proxy in the Windows Internet settings (Squid in my case) it brakes. The old version did not have this problem.
Ah, the newer versions download less of the page to save bandwidth (about 100k) - maybe the squid proxy somehow modifies the page, pushing the part we need to download outside the "window" we download?
For me, it stopped working sice the version after WUU 1.9.615.
I get these errors when I check the version of a curse add-on:
2009-04-25 14:01:36: (WARN) Could not find AHsearch update date on page - is site ID correct?
2009-04-25 14:01:37: (WARN) Could not find AllPlayed update date on page - is site ID correct?
2009-04-25 14:01:38: (WARN) Could not find AltClickToAddItem update date on page - is site ID correct?
2009-04-25 14:01:39: (WARN) Could not find Atlas update date on page - is site ID correct?
2009-04-25 14:01:42: (WARN) Could not find AuctionMeOff update date on page - is site ID correct?
2009-04-25 14:01:43: (WARN) Could not find AuctionProfit update date on page - is site ID correct?
That seems to indicate WUU can't reach any web site at all; can you update non-Curse addons fine?
- Still got that error during the upgrade.
- After upgrade, when I started WUU the window wasn't visible even though there was a button for it on the taskbar. I guessed that it was offscreen and was able to get it back onscreen by right-clicking the taskbar button and choosing Move.
- Install from URL for Curse could do with a prompt to select the file. I managed to guess that I needed to use Update from file on the new entry in the addon list but not everybody will get that.
The error would come on that version, yes; your current version of WUU is run to verify the new downloaded version, and that triggers the error - but next time it'll be better :)
Some of the positioning code might be wonky - and/or might not make sense on Windows (WUU remembers its last position). I'll try without, and/or making an option to never remember.
More stuff is coming to make the installations easier - the main priority now is to get the ideas out there and see what sticks :D
* Libraries: The Windows build is now based on Python 2.6.2 (should fix the "side-by-side" error) and wxPython 220.127.116.11
* Bugfix: Fixed DeprecationWarning messages in Windows version
* Feature: Install from URL for the "new" Curse
* New site: wowui.incgamers.com
* Feature: Update multiple selected (Curse-only) addons from files
* Site change: Old WoWAce code removed, support for new WoWAce site added
* Bug fix: Some missing progress bars were added
* Feature: Added option to delete downloaded file after successful install
Of course there are more changes than that under the hood, but these are the major ones :)