Thanks for another great update - especially for the updated CosmosUI support.
Just heads up for others who have the "update lockup" problem. Try updating your site regexps - I had the lockup as well, but updating the regexps solved it.
For regexps update use: menu Tools > Check site regexps
I feel stupid now - I didn't understand this item in the changelog and haven't checked it in WUU :(
EDIT: It seems the * Bugfix: Clears the list of needed dependencies when a check has been done doesn't work - I've been testing the version info feature and the dependencies message grow bigger each time (I've just opened and closed the wowace addons list few times without doing anything else)
As a matter of interest why do you use both of these programs, do they each provide something the other one doesn't?
I sometimes run WAU as well because it can sort uninstalled addons by the latest version/update time which is usefull for checking on new addons on wowace. I've already asked for adding sortable "version" column to Install > Wowace dialog, which would solve this issue for me ;)
BTW: I've already asked for this feature:
Quote from zarevak »
1) Can the wowace install window display addon versions? When I used WAU I always sorted the addons by their version to look for the new ones...
to which lejordet replied:
Quote from lejordet »
1) Sure, why not :) I'll see if it's easy to add (kinda stuck on the advanced restore I've been working on)
1.7.553 beta (2008.04.20):
* Feature: New field in main table: TOC interface version
* Feature: Added link to fish.wowace.com to changelog report
* Bugfix: Clears the list of needed dependencies when a check has been done
* Bugfix: All available sites should now be listed in the edit dialog
Thank you for great update! (I'm always happy when features I requested make it to the release ;)) It seems the sorting bug is also fixed as I haven't seen any wrongly sorted addons in this version.
OK, I have just a few small problems:
1) I have automatic changelog opening set. But if I close the changelog and want to review it later (without closing WUU) it's not possible - after clicking the changelog menu item WUU says "Nothing to report" and does nothing. WUU-UpdateReport.html is still present on disk.
2) The Temp\Wurm folder is piling up with downloaded addon versions - is this used for anything or just leftovers?
As reported before I'm having similar sorting issues with my addon list. This problem came with the last (1.7.547 beta (2008.04.03)) version. I suspect the "Bugfix: List sorting on 64 bit Linux(+Windows?)" is the culprit.
Quote from zarevak »
When I sort the addon list by Site there are two regular addons mixed between the [Related] addons. :(
I'm sorry to be bringer of the bad news, but I have another bug report for you:
5) The Cosmos addon page for recently updated addons display "yesterday" (or "today"?) and this is wrongly translated to version. Instead of full 20080406 the short date is shown: 200846 (missing zeros) - this number is less then previous full number and an updated is ignored.
3) I have installed BugSack without !BugGrabber and it is correctly reported as missing dependency. But when I select the BugSack addon in the list no dependencies are displayed. The problem is the BugSack.TOC file is using RequiredDeps field instead of Dependencies field. I don't know the difference between these 2, but I suspect the RequiredDeps should be displayed in the addon details alongside regularDependencies.
1) Each time the new Wowace addons list is downloaded (using Ctrl+W - Install from wowace) the list of missing dependencies is added to the current one instead of replacing the old one. (The list then contains each missing dependency twice, thrice and more...)
2) When the Backup directory doesn't exist no error is shown and no backups are made. There should be a warning about this ;)
I second this. WUU has become my updater of choice, but there are still a few (like Auctioneer) that I download by hand, simply because editing the WUU download information for the release I want is too taxing for someone who's never had a proper tutorial in regexp.
For me the version checking of Auc-Advanced works fine even with preview versions (Though I'm not updating it using WUU, because I use customized installation). My Source Site is set to Auctioneer and Site ID to AuctioneerAdvancedSuite. I have all other addons in the suite set with Source Site = [Related] and Site ID = Auc-Advanced
The automatic dependency resolving will run after regular version checks and updates, and currently only works with WoWAce. It can't be turned off yet, but has a Yes/No dialog, so no addons are installed without your consent ;)
I've updated to the new version and it showed me 5 missing dependencies... I don't have any problems with my current setup, but I have many addons disabled and this dependencies could be coming from these addons.
I) My feature request is: Can the dialog also report which addons need the missing dependencies?
II) I'll add another feature request/idea: Can the Deps, OptDeps, Used by, OptUsed by, ... be links instead of simple texts? Clicking the link name there would select the addon in the list.
Great update by the way - I like the new Edit dialog ;)
5) Yep, that's a bug, but it's a bug with low priority - it's "harder than it looks" to fix it, but I'll see what I can do.
Thanks you for your comments ;)
I was thinking that adding simple flag "changelog updated" should solve the problem. This flag would be set when updater updated the changelog and would cleared when it is displayed to the user. The changelog would be displaed only when the flag is set and user has chosen to display the log after the update.
There should also be user-initiated action to clear the changelog during the session.