I don't seem to be able to run the latest build under Vista 32bit. I got the dialog offering the update and now when I try to run WUU, nothing happens. I don't even see a process in my task manager anymore.
After the dialog for update, usually Windows asks for your permission to proceed. But sometimes the popup doesn't show on screen, don't know why/ Check if there's something on the tray. It usually works here.
Is this compatible with the new curseforge client? (Can it be used to download the addons at curseforge later on when the files.wowace.com is shut down?)
I think only the Curse client will be able to download the files from Curseforge, or you can do it manually (I hope). WUU probably won't be able to get the addons from there, but I don't know this discussion very much.
Yeah, Curse hasn't updated for me either. However, thanks to WUU being open source, and that I know regular expressions, I took a shot at fixing the problem. Being a Unix geek, I know regular expressions, so...
In your WUU directory, open the "site_re.txt" file. Look for the line starting with "curse_realdl" and replace that line with this one:
Note that this is not for the beta version, this is for 1.6.520. Don't see why it wouldn't work for the beta, if it has the same problem. Hopefully this will work for anyone else having this problem. Seems to work for me. I just deleted an addon and was able to update it back into existence.
A huge thanks to the author of this program... You kick ass. I hope this will continue to be updated and maintained in the future! Not feeling optimistic about that at the moment, however. Previously, such things were fixed very quickly, and that hasn't happened this time. So if the author is around and reads this, a comment on the future of this excellent program would be highly appreciated.
And hope this helps you all get back to updating properly.
Really don't know why, but it seems this fix is not working with beta. Getting this error:
2008-08-14 18:58:17: (WARN) No download URL found for Dominos
Yes, now I noticed the problem too. Probably it started a while ago. Maybe Curse changed the path as someone said.
By the way, another good modification would be a small change in the online DB. Sometimes it has a wrong path for an addon and I have to setup it manually. That's not really a problem, but when I send my own DB online to try to correct the path, it seems the online DB stays with the wrong one. I don't know how it's updated, but it'd be nice if the last modification of an addon's path remained in the DB as the default path.
I noticed something, everytime I update the addons, the same changelog was being displayed. I reopened WUU several times and ran the update again, and the same thing happened. I noticed then the same addons were being downloaded everytime, so I guess WUU isn't saving the modifications for some reason. It's not even displaying the popup window asking to save changes when I try to close WUU.
2008-07-08 11:13:04 (INFO ) Scanned Addon directory, 278 Addons found (0 new, 0 installed fresh, 0 missing, 16 ignored, 0 dummy, 0 deleted, 0 children)
2008-07-08 11:13:05 (WARNING) No TOC file for backups
2008-07-08 11:13:09 (INFO ) Checking [Unknown] Addons with the Online DB
2008-07-08 11:13:14 (ERROR ) Error parsing WoWAce latest.xml data: too many values to unpack
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Wurm.pyc", line 2558, in getWoWAceAddonSettings
ValueError: too many values to unpack
2008-07-08 11:13:14 (WARNING) Online DB check failed: too many values to unpack
Only addons with site WoWAce will display reports (for now), so am I right in guessing the last 10 addons were from other sites?
I've changed the code today so that the menu option will always show the last generated report if you haven't updated anything since the last report was generated.
In fact, the addons I was mentioning were all Ace addons, but I think the changelog is working fine for me now with the new beta. I'll recheck it and keep you in touch.
But I noticed one more thing. Recently I installed Prat and then decided to remove it. But WUU just removed the "Prat" folder, and not the rest, like "Prat_LoD", "Prat_FuBar" etc. I even checked the "Process Addon Packages" when I installed and removed Prat. In fact, it's always checked, although I don't know exactly what it does :D
Anyway, I had to remove the other folders manually. Ah, they were not being displayed on WUU either.