How is any of this productive to the problem? It is getting ugly because it seems this problem has been waiting for Kael to make a decision he is never going to make.
Either trust people to help find the bug or remove the ads...else people will reverse engineer it and remove the ads. Everyone wants to help here I think - just this been going on for a long time now with no comment whatsoever other than "wait for Kael."
Sorry if that came out wrong - wasn't my intent to call out a lack of coding effort at all as I understand that this is all done volunteer and on your own time.
My intent was to get someone to fix the political problem of disabling the ads (which are causing the crashes) until the coding effort could happen. It is especially frustrating since someone is finding time to add more bugged ads thus bypassing the workarounds.
It's really hard to recommend this to others right now because of these problems - sure there is a work around but for the non-techy it isn't that easy. It's a great program and painful to see it suffer for something silly like this.
Anyway...is WAU in the SVN? If so, might finally be time (now that work has calmed down) to unlazy myself and get an account. Least gives me a target since I can't come up for a mod idea I like that hasn't been done.
Hmm..the logfile used to show the external website when it crashed so I blocked them all that would crash. Guess just now one of the ads on wowace is crashing me. Found a way to block it so not crashing now at least.
Okay by moving the Ads to files.wowace.com/ads.html you have pretty much made it unusable to me. The ads seem to often crash windows and the only fix was to block via the hosts file. Now I have no way to stop it.
I have no problem with the ads as a way to support the bandwidth but sticking to them when they are obviously damaging the applications real purpose is upsetting.
Okay I believe I have tried most of the solutions (click-once cache, temp directory clean, clean reinstall, tcp autoshaping disabled) and I still get his problem about 50% of the time I start WAU with my Vista 32 setup. Error message is corrupt memory. I don't have any other problems with other programs (or mem test). The problem just started in the last 2 weeks (sorry that I didn't notice what version but with auto update I tend to not watch as close).