Recently Shadowd uploaded a project to make it easier for authors to upload updates for their mods to WoWInterface. Now it's the end-users' turn.
The WoWInterface UI Manager is a project by Shirik that has been going on for nearly a year. It's a tool designed to help you keep track of installed addons, and assist in updating them quickly and easily. The UI Manager uses an internal API of WoWInterface so you can be sure it will continue to work even when site layout changes or if you choose a new skin.
* One-click Check allows the UI Manager to run through all of your addons quickly without any intervention. Any addons that do need to be updated will wait for your approval before continuing.
* Multithreaded design allows for maximum use of your internet connection, processing complex compression for backup files while downloading other files at the same time.
* Connection to the WoWInterface user database to retrieve your favorites list.
* Automatic backups before every install
* All updates are compared against MD5 hashes before being installed to help ensure security.
This is a portable program; it works on Windows, Linux & Macintosh. There is one version for Windows users and another for Linux & Macintosh users. See the file description page of the version that is appropriate for you for further details, requirements and directions.
Please note: This is currently a BETA RELEASE of the application and you should be aware that things may go wrong. This program is the work of one author, and is not small by any means. There may be bugs, although he has taken taken every precaution he can that if something DOES go wrong, you can hopefully recover from it -- but he cannot guarantee that.