Ok, this sounds as if there might be a solution to my problem. Please help me out, I can't live without my addons ;-)
1. I understand your issue with WoWMatrix.
2. I don't install download clients of whatever kind - never did never will.
3. Whenever I try to download an addon manually on WOWI everything works like it always did. 1-click-download, I always preferred WoWI for it!
4. Now curse has always been 2-click-download :-( but today nothing happens anymore. I get a message saying: "You are seeing this captcha because you have flash disabled or not installed. Please fill out the captcha to continue with your download. Sorry for the inconvenience." - But there is no captcha at all. (Firefox with NoScript, JS enabled for curse.com)
5. I tried on another comp (Firefox with NoScript, JS enabled for curse.com, with or without flash I dont know) and got 2 captchas - 1 captcha is already beyond annoying but 2 is a no-go. Think about manually updating 50+ addons with 2 captchas ... I second the TE, captchas while logging in would be ok, but not this.
6. Did I understand you right, that, if I installed Flash, there would be no captchas at all and the download would work like before?
7. Did I understand you right, that, if I installed Flashblocker, I could restrict Flash to curse.com and nothing else?
I really think, an addon download requiring flash, which is completely unnessesary for everything else I do, is a bit much. I don't like to open my computer to that kind of risk. I would consider to bite into that foul apple if there is a way to restrict flash to only curse.com and to be shure that nothing else is able to use that dangerous (and annyoing and generally superfluus) peace of software.
At the same time I am wondering how WoWI managed to protect their downloads without this annoyances. I hope every author will be so kind to make their addons available through WoWI so that I could get rid of curse's "curse" ... I will ask them all with a pretty pretty please.
Alternatively: pretty pretty please, Curse, get a 1-click-manual-download-feature for registered users.