This checks whether the color table is the same table reference as the cached one and not whether the actual colors are the same.
Would this be considered an issue at your end, or is dynamic color changing not common enough to be worth worrying about? I'm formulating a solution at my end which involves my first use of weak tables, which is sort of exciting :)
It's intended. You should have one table per color rather than one table per unit. If you're changing color based on range you have what... 4-5 different colors?
Only Pets on Malygos: i don't this this will be included in the core Grid as it is for a single encounter. I am not sure either if hiding is possible. Resorting frames is not possible during combat - maybe hiding does taint as well. Hopefully a programmer has a good answer.
You can't change the layout while in-combat so you're stuck with pets and players on Malygos. I've explored every possibility to not show a player when they're in a vehicle and it just isn't possible right now in a way that will work for Grid.
One change that is really throwing me off however is the change from sorting by index to alphabetical. I really can't live with alphabetical, my fingers (and Grid afaik) have been using index sorting forever and I'm very efficient at it.
There will be a 5-man layout that sorts by index in the next release.
The new little 'GRID' tab in the corner is frustrating. I LOVED the fluidity of being able to drag my grid around as I wanted without any extra visual junk in the way. Now, in order to remove the extra junk, I hafta lock my grid, which means I can't drag it without locking, draggin, unlocking. This seems like it was added to support newbs who couldnt figure out that they could drag the grid?
I underestimated the number of people who leave Grid unlocked and actually liked the old dragging implementation. Expect a checkbox under Layout -> Advanced sometime next week. Having the tab visible when unlocked will remain the default though.
Grid 1.30000.2009011501 has been officially released on Curse and WoWInterface.
- Please update any status or layout addons you are using. Some of the important new features in this version are not backwards compatible.
- Handles multiple units with the same name (Malygos drakes, hunter pets, etc.).
- - Vehicles in battlegrounds and raids are displayed as pets.
- Separate layout options for solo, group, raid, battleground, and arenas.
- Improved aura handling
- - Can show only buffs you've cast.
- - Can show duration for buffs and debuffs on the center icon indicator.
- Improved aggro status: can now show threat levels like the default UI.
- Added readycheck status.
- Added drag handle when Grid is unlocked.
- Disabled statuses properly unregister events so they do not consume cpu time.