I am not sure if this issue is SUF-related, but might be. I have the Blizzard Raid Frames hidden with the Hide Blizzard stuff in SUF. Sometimes it happens that they suddenly pop up again. As it only happens *very rarely* and I can "fix" it, by just entering SUF configuration and clicking away and back again the checkmark to hide the Blizzard Raid Frames, it is workarounded easy enough, it is only a minor nuissance, but thought I would let you know. I *think* if I once did this workaround it does not happen for this gaming session again (but not sure, as it happens rarely).
Well, it is the addon's fault, it's possible to cancel buffs out of combat and SUF doesn't do it.
My impression is that the authors have very kindly donated their time to keep SUF working after Shadowed quit simply because they use the addon themselves, but don't see it as their addon and as such aren't looking to add new features or functionality not already present. That's a bummer to be sure, but certainly better than the alternative, SUF not working at all.
This is not really true (I think one of the authors explained it somewhere in the forum, if I do not remember wrong). The problem seems to be (hope this is correct, I am not an expert as to this filtering/clicking-off issue) that as soon as you support filtered buffs clicking-off buffs during combat (!) does no longer work. Appearently this is some API-issue with WoW.
Remember also that people like the SUF authors do this sort of stuff in their free time and stuff. And so far they did a great job at it!
The only filtering-capable Addons which support clicking off do this by a little hack by seperating (like Raven does) buffs from a list of pre-selected buffs which are displayed separately (and do not include filtering) and "other buffs". All Addons which do not do this "trick" behave similar to SUF on clicking off buffs !!! (see PhanxBuffs etc.). Unless of course they do not support Filtering. And Filtering is Must-Have IMHO.
Sure, something like this could be implemented, but I think you can just as well just install Raven additionally.
I agree though that I would appreciate to see some more updating of SUF. Especially I would like to see:
1. Adding of the TitanBar plugin (I even provided the code for it, please include it in future versions, or if not, tell me why not ^^)
2. Add an option to display a debuff with position "Center" like for the Indicators
3. Add an option to dispel-by-right-click
4. Add more sophisticated filter-options instead of just "Blacklist or whitelist" (check "Aura Frames" Addon for example)
5. Add the possibility to move the buffs/debuffs separately of their parent frame (so I can squeeze in my castbar in between). Actually I think it would make sense to display Buffs/Debuffs below
the castbar by default. SO the Buffs cannot "grow into the castbar". Currently I use a separate buff/debuff addon to do this.
6. Bugfixes posted in the forum I think should be faster integrated into releases. Not everyone reads the forum.
7. Provide an "export/import" option for the Indicators so that no longer manual lua editing (in both the main lua and the SavedVariables lua) is needed.
BTW: I will release a set of data for the SUF Indicators for Firelands later this week (testing them again this evening as I prefer to release tested stuff).
Is there an ability to dispell friendly buffs on my character by right clicking on buff icon (like it works with Blizzard buffs)?
Doesn't work, but it is not really the addons fault as far as I understand. If you need this (and don't use macros for bufif-cancelling) I recommend installing Raven additionally to ShadowedUnitFrames, which can display for selected buffs (selected by you) a buff list which you CAN click off (you just have to predefine which ones). This was how I myselves solved this issue. But for most buffs using a macro is better anyways, as a keybound macro is faster than clicking-off with the mouse.
BTW @Addon-Authors: I would suggest to put the change Rhey80 described into a new mini-update. Not everyone scans those forums, and having lua-errors looks bad even if they don't have any adverse results.
BTW2 @Addon-Authors: Any chance in seeing Tickets 344, 360 and 361 getting any love? Especially being able to display buffs/debuffs in the Center of a frame (like for SUF Indicators) would be really great (this is ticket #360)! Thanks!
While doing a Blackwing Descent run today (2nd July) I got several times lua errors (always the same error) which were like this:
3x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:Addon 'ShadowedUnitFrames tried to call the protected function CompactRaidFrame6:Show()'.
<in C code> in function 'Show'
Interface\FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:260: In function
Interface\FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:220: In function
Interface\FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:101 In function
I have SUF version 3.3.6 installed. There did not seem to be any adverse effect asides from the lua error message, the Shadowed Unit Frames where still working fine.
The error message appeared around 3-6 times I think, it happened while on the way to Atramedes.
I think the error message happened with various numbers (in the example "6").
Any chance to have a new version on 4.2? (Yes, the current version *does* run with 4.2, as I verified on the PTR, but still it looks better on the addon if people do not have to "load outdated addons" to enable their Unit Frames... also things like the hunter pet bugfix I think would be great if included into the official version, thanks in advance!)
Attached is the code for a TitanBar Plugin for SUF (so you do no longer have to type /suf manually, but can enter the configuration with the mouse), left click for the config, right click for lock/unlock frames. Of course an icon file would still be needed (place it into TitanSUF with filename SUF.tga).
Feel free to include this code into future versions of SUF, in case of interest.
ShadowUF.db.profile.locked = not ShadowUF.db.profile.locked
if ShadowUF.db.profile.locked == true then
ShadowUF.modules.movers.isConfigModeSpec = true
function TS.Button_OnClick(self, button)
if (button == "LeftButton") then
elseif (button == "RightButton") then
return "Config's Shadowed Unit Frames\n"
to simulate that behavior directly on SUF. That would save you some space on your UI.
A big problem I still have here (and why I still have to continue with Decursive instead) is that I like my Unit Frames very close to each other to save space (like Grid, with no space between two Frames). As SUF can only display the Debuffs on top/right/bottom/left, but not in the middle of the frame, I always see the debuff in the NEXT frame, not in the frame which has
this debuff, which is very confusing.
My suggestion for a future version would be a feature, to either have a clickable box displayable inside the unit frame or - maybe an elegant solution together with Clique - to draw a border around the frame, if a debuff is found
the player can cure, in the color of the debuff (green for poison etc.).
What do the authors think about this suggestion?
BTW: Segasik, did you try if ShadowedUF Aura Tracker still works? This used to provide this functionality (it is an extra addon to SUF).
I got two suggestions concerning Debuffs, what do you think about them?
- In the Raid Frames it is onls possible to display Debuffs Left, Top, Right, Bottom. It would be
nice if they could be displayed Center (on the frame) like for the Indicators - in case I set up
"only curable" this would be pretty nice for a grid-like setup.
- Would it be possible to add a clickable icon for debuffs (like from Decursive) to dispel Debuffs?
Currently I have every player twice on the UI, once from SUF, once from Decursive.
Basically my problem is that with my raidframe setup with the frames sitting very close to each other
I have no place below/above/etc. for the debuffs. I can of course set up SUF Indicators for every
debuff which makes sense for me to track. But it would be much nicer, if the standard functionality
would support me here.
First thanks for this great addon. It is my all-time favourite Unit Frame Addon.
Here are some little ideas I came up with (not sure which of them are feasable to implement or even fit with the devteam's vision for the future of this great addon, so I am just listing them instead of entering them into the tracker - as some of those ideas are pretty "far out" probably).
- Often when I provide my Addons archive to a new user, I am asked about an "example Configuration". It would be great if there would be a feature like "Save/Load Config"would be possible, maybe with a similar technical solution like for PowerAura (copy-paste-ing it as a string)
- It would be great if for Auras it would be possible to have "Center" as placement added (Indicators have "Center" possible, but the normal Aura display hasn't). Myselves I am using raidframes tightly on top of each other, so "below" and "above" is not an option for me.
- It would be great if it would be possible to export Whitelists/Blacklists for Auras (maybe similar like exporting is done for PowerAura?)
- Integration of World Marking would be great
- An example config for Cata bosses for SUF_Indicators would be nice (I could offer to send what I am having there myselves right now, but it is probably very incomplete). Are the indicators "officially" supported or is it sort of unofficial, by the way?
- With the feature "Show only my buffs/debuffs" it would be nice, if I could specify exceptions (Reason: Let's for example think I want to display the auras a firemage offers, like Living Bomb, Pyroblast, Combustion, Critical Mass etc. But (!) I also want to display the Critical Mass debuff of ANOTHER firemage (but not the other firemage's living bomb!) and I also want the
Shadow&Flame debuff of a Warlock visible (which basically is the same like Critical Mass). Or if I am a tank Paladin I want only my own Buffs/Debuffs, but I do want additionally to see all debuffs which are done by Mobs to friendly targets (like Mortal Strike effects on my Offtank to see when I have to taunt from him). Currently the only way around it is to have a really large Blacklist (which is my personal current solution). But I believe the ability to specify exceptions to the "only show my" feature would make it much easier. I am of course aware that this probably is a huge thing to implement.
- I think it would be interesting, if sort of an "integrated simple decursive" would be added (raidframes lighting up in a specific color - or maybe a specific border - on a specific TYPE of debuff, and being able to click a specific lit up part of the frame to clean the debuff. Currently I have both the frames-display from SUF, and the one from Decursive, it would be nice, if I would only need one of them to save screen-space. The tricky part would be of course to differentiate between a click "make this frame my new target" and a click "clean the debuff". Maybe a special part of the frame (a little colored clickable rectangle or such?) could do the trick? This would be my idea at least.
Also: Are you interested in the lua code for a TitanBar plugin for Shadowed Unit Frames? I wrote one some while ago and if you are interested I can send you the lua code (basically it is left click on the TitanBar SUF Icon -> bring up the options window, right click -> lock/unlock the SUF layout). This little thing spares me of typing "/suf" when I want to access the options/layout.
Anyways, thanks for your great work on this Addon!