when someone joins the party while i;m in combat, the frame is not visible (but it highlights and i can see the buffs and target). it happened sometimes before 3.1, but now it;s constant.
it never happened in pvp/BGs, but now i see it all the time
(grid does not have this problem, so it;s not a blizz issue)
Secure frames can't be created in combat as far as I know. This is a limitation that Blizzard put in place in WoW 2.0.
I see some people are having problems with Malygos fight. A rogue posted that he also doesn't see them , i came to think of this: this is a 'vehicle' fight , the combo point owner could well be the dragon you are sitting on , which show up as your pet. Maybe check for pet-combopoints , if possible ?
No, it works fine now. People just need to use the latest (beta) version of AGUF and have the combopoints module enabled.
Also, if you have problems casting the shield ability, make sure you de-target and re-target Malygos at the beginning of phase 3.
- if someone else is made leader of the party, the leader icon never, ever changes until you /reloadui (i.e., it still shows the icon on the unit frame for the previous leader, and doesn't show one for the new leader)
- the name on the pet frame rarely updates when switching Hunter pets at a stable master or when getting into or out of a vehicle when you have a Hunter pet active
Is there a way to get the difficulty color feature from the default UI that indicates how much XP you're likely to get from killing a mob? (e.g. mobs that won't give XP have their level colored gray, mobs that are really hard have their level colored red, etc.) This is useful even for max level toons in the case of Hunters leveling pets :p
Gave the latest (non-WotLK) version a try, starting from scratch (deleted savedvariables). First, here's a quote of my previous comments:
Quote from HunterZ »
A few issues/thoughts regarding the Ace3 branch version:
1. No way to see or move the pet target frame without having pet attack something
2. Size settings seem to have no effect on pet target frame
3. Font should really be a setting that is global to all frames, as I don't really see a use case for one font for, say, player and another for target (it's tedious setting a per-frame override on every frame)
4. Auras use a non-standard font (ABF or something?) that can't be changed anywhere that I can see
5. For some reason, it likes to open a separate config window instead of living inside the standard Ace3Config window, yet if I close the Ace3Config window it closes the AGUF config window too. This means I'm forced to have 2 windows open when configuring AGUF :?
6. Got an error on login on a level 70 toon with a level 70 pet and max rep with the currently watched faction. I'm not sure which thing was responsible, but the errors occurred in the XP bar module until I disabled that module: (removed)
7. Would really, really like the ability to enter discrete coordinates for frame locations. I've always found it user-hostile to have to drag-position frames whose pixel-exact locations I care about
8. Would be nice if it could display cooldown text on auras. Yes I know that OmniCC can do it, but it's not optimal for several reasons:
Puts the text in the middle of the aura without any option to relocate it, and covering up the stack size number
Has no alpha/opacity setting on the text, so it ends up obscuring the aura icon
Does not allow font size to be set independently for auras versus action bars
9. I see that AGUF can color the pet bar by happiness, but I can't get it to consistently do this. If I toggle any of the options related to the pet frame it snaps the color to my pet's current happiness, but when my pet's happiness changes later the bar color doesn't change. This may just be a bug causing AGUF to not update the color on happiness changes.
Edit (adding more as I see them):
10. Predictive healing bars aren't showing for party or party pets.
11. Cast bar for party pets is showing up white instead of empty.
12. Absolute HP is not showing anything for party pets.
13. Party targets seems nonfunctional/unfinished, as they show as a blank white frame with icons all around. Also, disabling party targets didn't remove the frame until I reloaded my UI.
14. Debuff highlighting seems to be applied to hostile targets, which is a bit nonsensical due to the fact that you can't cleanse them.
15. It seems that the target and target-of-target frames align/size the power and cast bars differently than the focus and target-of-target's-target frames (see attached screenshot, pictured are target-of-target and target-of-target's-target frames at 190x51 each)
16. Why is MobHealth used instead of LibMobHealth-4.0? I wish one framework-agnostic library could be decided on amongst unit frame authors :( I recently dumped MobInfo2 in favor of LMH4 because the former is bloated and not everything supports it any more.
17. Some kind of module showing an integrated estimated Druid mana bar in cat/bear form would be nice.
1. This is taken care of by the new config mode, which is lovely. One quirk I did notice with the config mode was that it turns itself off a lot, such as when I enter combat or when I try to change the spacing of party frames (the latter is especially troubling).
3. I still believe that a global font setting (that can be overridden per-frame) would be much more user-friendly. Actually I found it kind of tedious to have to flip back and forth between multiple frames' settings (not just fonts, but everything) to make sure that they were 95% the same. If there were a set of global frame settings that could be inherited by each frame and overridden on a per-frame basis if desired (see MSBT for something similar), it would make setting up AGUF take 20% as long.
4. The new auras look is pretty, but I'd like to be able to turn the gloss and borders and cooldown spiral off.
5. Didn't notice this.
6. Didn't notice this either, although I did get an unrelated error once when toggling modules, but it cleared up after a reloadui.
7. This thought occurred to me again last night. At least half of my time configuring AGUF was spent carefully aligning frames by manual dragging, exacerbated by the fact that it's impossible to nudge the frames 1 pixel at a time.
8. It seems that now OmniCC is not even supported, so there's no way at all to get cooldown timers on AGUF auras. Also, the cooldown spiral is hard to see under the gloss effect.
9. It seems the pet happiness coloring has been completely removed as well? The happiness icon is a usable substitute though.
10. I noticed this issue still exists, despite the option existing in the config menu. It seems that it doesn't show predicted healing bars for party members now either.
11. Didn't notice this, except that I noticed several frames' cast bars were white while I was configuring them. I think it went away though after a reloadui.
12. Didn't test this. Decided to use HealBot for party pet health values for now so that my AGUF party pet frames could be smaller.
13. Didn't test this.
14. Debuff highlighting no longer seems limited to debuffs I can cleanse?
15. Noticed this with focus target versus target's target, but seemed more minor this time.
16. Grabbed MobHealth. Seems to work fine.
17. This thought occurred to me again last night. For now I'll investigate standalone druid mana bar addons.
18. The number of auras per row slider as an arbitrary lower limit of 8 (I think?). I was able to manually enter a smaller number (I think I used 4 or 5 for party pets) and it worked. Arbitrary limits are annoying :p
19. There are naming inconsistencies in the bar text options. All of the health texts say HP, but one of the mana texts says "Mana" instead of MP.
20. The bar text options are disorganized, making it hard to find particular or related settings. For example, the HP options ought to be grouped together on the menu. Same with the MP options.
21. Highlight only works for a couple of the frames, despite being an option on all of them. If I set myself as both my main and focus target, just about everything but my target frame, pet frame, and pet target frame should light up. Instead, only one or two of the frames lit up.
I know that you're working mostly on the WotLK version, but I don't have a beta account so I thought I'd post on issues with the live Ace3 version in case they haven't been addressed in the WotLK version :p
About MobHealth, MobHealth is framework agnostic! In my opinion (and I'm not the only dev here on wowace who thinks this) mob health calculation doesn't belong in a library, and even more, the implementation of it is a lot simpler and nicer in MobHealth than in that library. I've considered letting it get info from the library if it is available from some other addon, but I'm not going to include it myself because of these reasons...
Hey, no problem. It's just annoying that there are like 5 mob health addons out there, and every addon seems to support a different subset of them. If DogTag supports MobHealth then maybe I can switch to it.
I'll get around to checkout out the other bugs you've reported when I can, I just have two exams left which slows me down :-(