I read over in the oRA2-thread about using the Blizzard-default solution for
broadcasting main tank targets. What I read puzzled me a bit, so I will copy
a few comments over here to ask my question.
Quote from Moggar »
About these maintanks, is it possible (for leaders/assistants) to change the MT thingy in such a way that it also works with the blizzard maintank ui.
Quote from 2.1 patch notes »
Raid Support Commands
The raid UI now has pullouts for the main tank and main assist, while the underlying API function is protected, they can be managed via the Raid UI or via the following new slash commands:
* /mt <name> - Set the main tank role for the named player, or the current target if not specified
* /mtoff <name> - Clear the main tank role for the named player, or the current target if not specified
* /clearmt - Clear all main tank roles
* /ma <name> - Set the main assist role for the named player, or the current target if not specified
* /maoff <name> - Clear the main assit role for the named player, or the current target if not specified
* /clearma - Clear all main assist roles
So oRA would broadcast maintainks though the blizzard RaidUI AND through CTraid for compatibility reasons. I guess when 2.1 is there unitframe addons (Pitbull AG_UF etc.) will support these frames too, so unitframe addons can be used instead of the oRA2 frames (not that anything is wrong with the oRA2 frames, I would just like that non CTRa/oRA2 users have MT frames as well).
Quote from funkydude »
no because iirc the blizz MT's is restricted to 2
Quote from Nirek »
Like everything blizzard steals copies, their implementation of the mt units is woefully insufficient to be useful, and will likely never be significantly implemented in any of the unitframes/etc.
My question is: is that the case? Are we not going to see working PitBull MT targets due to
these restrictions? I mean PitBull doesn't use the CTraid/oRA2 mechanics and it seems that
none of these 2 addons will ever use the Blizzard solution because of its limitations.
So we have a *little* communication problem. ^^