Regarding a new Major Version, so far i have the following things in mind:
1) Kill libfubarplugin, it caused a few problems in the past
2) Replace ScheduleRepeatingEvent with GetTime()
3) Change from Ace2 to Ace3
4) Implement LDB, goodbye my beloved fubar
5) Merge with Prefix Hunter and improve collecting.
6) Kill the bug with crossrealm people showing twice
7) use AceHook, it was shipped but still the hookfunction was the blizzard one
8) Split the prefix-translation table from the rest, so other addons can use it http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=17627
9) Currently all addontraffic is printed to the chat even if the user doesn't watch all channels for the statistics. Make an option to filter the shown addontraffic as well, not only the statistic tooltip, if the user wants to.
10) Prevent unknown prefixes from being shown as known& known addons shown as unknown , especially showing one prefix as unknown&known at the same time.
tooltip = the frame where you see the recorded data, the minimap menu seems to be broken for all addons using the abandoned fubarplugin-2.0
The "?" seems to be an asciicontrol character "Start Of Heading" , SOH.
The texteditor might have screwed that one up, or im displaying it wrong. Either way,that prefix is very old, and you might want to tell those people that they should upgrade.
all DS_ prefixes are properly labeled as DataStore , not Altoholic. Exactly for the Reasons Torhal gave. Sometimes its impossible, because multiple Addons use the same Prefix to be compatible with each other, but as long as its possible , they will be seperated.
For now and until Siz returns to work on this Addon i've taken over maintainership and will be adding any new prefixes that i notice.
As written on the new Addon-descriptionpage, if you see an Addon that isn't included yet, especially the names of the UNKNOWN_(prefix), feel free to add them yourself on the repository, or leave me a message.
ASFU is brought back to life and is available to curse&the curseclient once more.
It's still working and i thought i could share my database of prefixes and their addons
I suffixed the addon-name with either "_KNOWN" or "_MAYBE" to tell addons that are already in my db and the unknown ones that send their complete name as their prefix apart.
And i also "translated" some prefixes to "UNKNOWN_XY" and added a few notes were i saw them for the first time to its "name" . Channel (bg,guild, whisper..) and the class of the sending player.
These addons seem to be very rarely used.