Sigh alright on my main character I unzipped the files into my C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\Name\SavedVariables the files were cartographer herbalism and mining and treasure. and I have the newest addons for those installed. On the map under profession I have it enabled and mining/herbalism to always. But I cant see anything.
This is working great on my alt account, can you please help me with what im missing? thanks
Forgive me, but I'm a long-time gatherer user converting now because I want the import ability.
I've disabled gatherer (and another mod called FelwoodGatherer) in my Addons menu at the character screen.
I've downloaded and extracted the files in this post into my wow/WTF/account/accountname/savedvariables folder (and the savedvariables folder for my actual character for good measure after fucking with this for so long.
I have yet to see one single damn node on my map or minimap. I have nothing up there in any zone. I've enabled the professions in the cartographer menu, fucked with transparency.
You need to install the addon for each profession, so u will have:
A question: do these database files take into account that many nodes have changed places in the 2.1 patch? Or do they still include locations for older, now inexistent, nodes?
Wowhead is surely updating his database constantly (if u look at the changelog you will notice that the mining spots are decreased). So, yes I think the database take into account the change; maybe there still is some old node, but considering I update the dump quite often if u check this post often u will get an up to date database. My idea was to update the dump once a week, but I can update it whenever u people want. :)
Q: Is it possible to export Cartographer_Quest Database from wowhead? A: Yes indeed it is, but it would be more complicated to write the parser to do such dump. I've planned to do it, but actually I don't have so much spare time and I prefer to use the few I have to play.
Q: Is it possible to export Cartographer_QuestObjectives Database from wowhead? A: Yes indeed it is, but it would be even more complicated than the Cartographer_Quest database and it wouldn't be worth the effort. Also in exporting the QuestObjective database from wowhead there would be the risk to generate a bloated database. The best way to go in this sense is to merge the databases of the various players using some criteria (look here to know more about this).
* new dump to stay up to date with wowhead changes to mining nodes;
* the new database has 9293 mining nodes, 12099 herbalism nodes and 4429 treasure nodes for a total of 25821 nodes.
* added Netherdust Bush (require Cartographer_Herbalism r38542);
* the new database has 8985 mining nodes, 11965 herbalism nodes and 4416 treasure nodes for a total of 25366 nodes.
* there are more checks for spots out of boundaries (this should never happen again);
* I've added to the dump the new Nethercite Deposit (requires Cartographer_Mining r38156);
* Cartographer_Treasure database is in the zip (require Cartographer_Treasure r37951);
* there is no overlapping check (and there will never be) cause I like how it is now (I just use filters if I need to);
* the new database has 8987 mining nodes, 12129 herbalism nodes and 4402 treasure nodes for a total of 25518 nodes.