Well Magic Marker should work fine as it is actually. I use it on occasion. There are some weird issues going on where things aren't cleared correctly that I'm not quite sure what the cause is. It almost seems like there are missing death events (on typical example are the two pre-adds for Thaddius).
Do you have any specific issues that you're seeing in WotLK? Am I missing any new CC methods for example (I think I added Hex and adjusted others)?
Problem is, it's not guaranteed to be like that. Since we don't have enough marks to always uniquely identify every type of target, this becomes sort of hard to figure out. I mean if you want to do this just make your own macro.
It should never CHANGE targets during combat so it shouldn't really be an issue. One of the most useful features IMHO is you get an accidental pull and can mark it immediately. Disabling marking in combat would also make it not work for things like the ZA or eredar twins gauntlets since you essentially don't go out of combat.
Better then if you have issues with this messing stuff up, point those things out so they can be resolved.
Twice is enough if you hit every mob on each direction. Adding one mob can completely change the marks needed and thus require additional waving. I strongly recommend FuBar + MagicMarker_FuBar - it will tell you how many mobs have been seen and how many are properly marked like this: 5/7
Once it's 7/7 (if you're doing a 7 mob pack of course) you're set.
Magic Marker auto-learns CC methods. If you never want to place fear, sap, trap etc as valid CC methods, remove them from the "crowd control priority" list.
Also: MagicMarker_Data is imported so once imported you can remove the addon until it's updated again.
What it contains: I hope it contains more than just names and such but I do not maintain the data - I used the data from the site made by a third party.
the problem is that the zone is considered not to have a name. Basically "" is not a valid zone. I am not sure how it managed to add a mob to an empty zone. Remove that piece and it'll be fine. The name of the mob is not localized and it does work fine.
- Checked in a fix for the locale warning (it's not an error btw, just a warning - it sitll works).
- Fixed some issues with networking (caused marks to be changed incorrectly)
- Fixed some nil index bugs (but the fix is for the sympton, not the root cause, so more errors might crop up).