The WowAce file version ordering is a bit strange. It goes from 3.6.10 to 3.6.9-nolib to 3.6.11 to 3.6.9-nolib again
So I used 3.6.11 which works fine on Legion Beta/PTR, but it sure was confusing at first http://i.imgur.com/GZqm9PQ.png
I guess only a few people had this problem, since that 3.6.9-nolib is only an alpha and not on Curse
Quick question: I've shifted the editbox (Free-floating, locked) to where I want it, which was great until RealID came in. Now whenever I move a RealID conversation into it's own tab the editbox moves to be under that (annoying when I have my chat boxes right at the bottom of the screen with the editbox further up). It only happens when you actually have the RealID conversation selected (as is in focus, not just simply visible), so it's not a *huge* issue, and it doesn't happen with any other tabs, just conversations.
Are there any plans to make the conversation editbox movable too, or is that more awkward than it sounds?
Open a ticket if you like. I don't use realID much so it doesn't get a lot of attention. The problem is that the realid frame is created dynamically, so the editbox positions that were set up don't apply to it.
How does one permanently turn of the channels; Tradeskills, Pet Info and Creature Messages: Yell. They keep turning on when i log out and in again.
And now they turn on if i go from one zone to the next even in a city
it's really annoying. I tried, complete reïnstall, adding a new tab just for those channels, down gradeing and upgradeing i even deleted my WTF folder. Nothing seems to work
I'm not sure why you are having those issues. You should make your chat settings, then exit the game once you have them as you like them.
Prat isn't involved in any of that stuff, its all default Blizzard stuff.
I am maintaining an addon which has a feature that appends an additional hyperlinked phrase to the player's name in chat windows. The basic problem I'm running into is that if I also have Prat running, I can't seem to get this additional text to show up next to the player's name (it doesn't show up anywhere, actually).
I've tried disabling the PlayerName + ChannelName modules (via the Prat UI), but that didn't seem to make a difference. So I had a few questions, hope I'm not on the wrong track here completely:
1. Are there any other Prat modules that might be overwriting the text that I am sending to the chat window (via an AddMessage pre-hook)?
2. Assuming that the issue can be isolated to one or two modules, are there any flags or control parameters in Prat that are intended to handle this sort of thing? Or should I just put something in the readme that the two addons are not compatible with regards to this feature?
3. I've considered the possibility that it's something about the _way_ in which I'm adding my hyperlink tag that is confusing or getting overlooked by Prat. But at this point, I've tried every possible way that it can be done, from least invasive (ChatMessageFilter) to most invasive (pre-hooking AddMessage, ChatFrame_OnHyperlink*, etc.), but nothing seems to make the slightest bit of difference to Prat, whatsoever. Does this sound possible/likely? As far as I can tell [without digging into Prat's code], it almost seems like Prat formats the entire message from scratch, disregarding formatting, etc. that was previously attached. Or could I be overlooking something on my end?
(edit: BTW, it's kind of implied by the original message, but FWIW, the hyperlink tag shows up correctly if I disable Prat [either via ACP+reloadUI or logging out and using addOns list])
Well. I can tell you you are right about one thing Prat does completely take over the chat system for certain message types, and does format the entire message itself this is part of Prat's core addon and is by design.
There are alot of ways to work with Prat though. For example, your implementation based on AddmessageFilter should have worked. I don't know why it didnt.
Prat works like this for inbound messages:
First it installs the following hooks, 1 hook on ChatFrame_MessageEventHandler, and then 1 hook on every chatframe's AddMessage.
This is how chat is processed for events that Prat's processing is enabled for.
1) The chatframe code calls ChatFrame_MEH invoking Prat's hook.
2) Prat breaks the message apart into its component parts and stores it in a table
3) Prat calls back into the hook chain to allow normal processing of the message
4) When the chatframe code does finally call addmessage, Prat intercepts it, and prevents it from being displayed.
5) Prat now begins its own processing. Prat fires events to all its modules for each step in its chat processing logic, modules are able to modify the table with the chatmessage data stored in it.
6) Finally after several processing steps, Prat calls AddMessage itself with the formatted chat message which is generated from the table it created from the original chat message.
I'm always willing to help people work with Prat, I can't always give them exactly what they want, ie. If they just want to fight with me over the way Prat works, I just don't entertain that anymore. However if you'd like help either working around Prat or with Prat I'm available most of the time on IRC.
I recently had to re-install all my add-ons, and I cannot find where the ScrollBack option for Prat is located. (The one where if you have to reload UI it saves what was said in chat while you were at wow screen.)
Can someone tell me how to re-activate this feature?
Enable the Prat-3.0-HighCPUUsageModules addon, then it should already be on - if not the option will appear in the history module
Well, if we do get an option for that, can we get an option to control how the command history is saved as well? I would prefer that both be saved per character. I don't want to scroll through my command history and see stuff that I typed while on another character.
I'd prefer to just do it one way, so probably moving the commands to character storage makes sense.
I have found two strange and slightly irksome issues with Prat in 4.0. The first is that sometimes the autocomplete name suggestions suggest the same name twice. They both work so its nothing more than a cosmetic issue.
The second is that for some reason with Prat enabled, the autocomplete wont suggest my Real ID friends until I type their whole first name. I tested my bank alt which runs zero addons and it works as expected (i.e. typing L would suggest Larry Laffer and Legolas, whereas with Prat it would only suggest Legolas).
The Real ID issue is possibly a Blizzard change. So if its easy to change it back using Prat that would be great.
Do you have the tab complete option in Playernames turned on?