Second this request... is the one thing left on my UI that isn't BF compatible.
I've got a module in the works but i still can't figure out why the spell icons don't shrink when new skins are applied (circled and smaller skins have textures growing out the sides). it was the same thing with cycircled back when i was working on getting that to work and i couldn't find anyone to help.
at one point in time ktrigger and i added a very beta test feeling macro stomper. basically what it did was anytime the bar was updated it would change the stomper macro. if you were in combat it would set a flag to update it when you get out of combat. i'm not sure if we ever committed it but you might want to check out old revisions to see if it's in there.
Well, I figured I should probably log on and give you an update. Ktrigger and I have both left WoW and thus aren't developing this any longer. If anyone wants to pick it up and continue where we left off feel free, just be sure to mention us (Synthe, Ktrigger, Sorata) when releasing.
fauxpas- check your keybindings, there should be a section in the blizzard keybindings to assign keys to trigger totems.
as for the scale of popups, turning totems on/off, and toggling of weapon button; all are planned to be added
adlnc07- tooltip options are a planned addition
Thorwalg- Thanks! we'll be sure to add it in soon. Totemic call functionality to reset the timers is planned as well
Maytrix- no news on the omnicc bug yet, we haven't had time to debug it yet.
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, I've been moving and busy with work. Ktrigger is pretty much in the same boat. I've finished (for the most part) moving so i'll try to get some updates out there by next weekend.
A lot of credit has to go to Sorata as well, quite a bit of help coming from him. we haven't been doing much for updates as of recent as both of us are packing and moving soon. i'm sure once we both get settled in to our respective new places we'll start at coding Numen again
Elarenda & iluran-
i noticed this error too if there are no totems in a button. i'll have to look into a better way to test to not try to find the spell that isn't there.
i can't take all the credit, Ktrigger has done a bunch more coding than me.
padding i'm not sure what's going on, we'll look into it.
scale after re-load issues i just fixed now.
cooldown timers we are planning on adding as a module and hopefully will have several options for display types, that was one of them =)
* Load on demand added
* Ace Object Oriented design re-code (we recommend you delete your saved variables if you want to save a little memory usage)
* Cooldown animations added
* Spell localization added
Almost ready for release:
* Totem stomper macro creation/updating
Currently working on:
* Group indicators
* Totem re-ordering
* Totem toggling
* Option menu features and localizing them
* Adding CyCircled support again and making sure overlays are correctly done
now works great with german client
but one thing: in the 5th slot, the weapon buffs, still is an issue, the rockbiter weapen (Waffe des Felsbei?ers) is not in the drop down menu.
have you looked into your current version of Babble-Spell to check and make sure the translation for rockbiter weapon is correct in there?
all of the translations for localization are done through Babble-Spell (options still have no translations but they still work in english). we're still very new at understanding any issues fixing localization bugs since we have no way to test it.
1. Make an option so buttons will pop up only on demand ..like RClick or something ...
2. Digital timers like in TotemTimers .... not all people are all that fancy about the bars ))
1. the idea we were toying around with was having a option that would enable a stasis mode (or whatever else word you want to call it, i'm drawing a blank). stasis mode would make the buttons not show up on mouseover but show up all 4 bars when a button was pressed (configurable of course, but not shift/alt/ctrl due to not being able to bind them). you could bind this to your middle mouse or any other normal button and only have them pop up that way. currently there's no plans for right click popping up as we're most likely going to bind the right click on the main bars to totemic call.
possible in the future but way down on the priority list
2. will address later in this reply
Quote from Sorata »
If you are putting duration timers in, maybe show it on the buttons instead of making bars. If it has a cooldown show the cooldown, otherwise show the duration. If the duration is shorter than the cooldown then you don't really need to know the duration.
We'll be adding them as numerical values that count down below/above/etc the main buttons when we do add them. We have 2 overlays for the buttons planned as it is as well as having 4 corner indicators (think grid). 1 overlay for cooldown, 1 overlay for totem pulses, and the 4 corner indicators for other shaman in your group's selected totem. having 3 full button overlays would get a little crowded in my opinion.
Question to the users-
would you rather see a radial clock style cooldown display or numbers counting down with the button somewhat greyed out? both may be added eventually but we're just wondering the style most would like first.
the main difference between Yata and Numen is the ability to change your main totems on the fly in combat. basically so you can have say 1-4 bound for the different types of totems and just use those 4 buttons to cast different totems. say in combat you find out a mob fears and you want to throw out tremor totem. rather than always clicking on the pop up buttons like you do in yata, once tremor totem gets moved to the main buttons, you can just hit "1" again to recast it. In Yata you have to set up "sets" before hand and stick with a grouping of 4 totems when you select that "set".
with Yata, it also comes with totem timer bars, we do not have these included. if you're looking for some i'd recommend GotWood.
the other feature we're planning on implementing is also different than Yata; the ability to see what totems other shamans in your group are going to cast (assuming they are also using Numen)
definitely something we were planning on adding, if not LoD, then just load a small memory footprint and not make any buttons etc
tooltip toggling will be an option when we hash out the config more
button padding wasn't on our list because of the timeout delay of moving off of the popups, but maybe we could cap it at 10-20 pixels and you'll have to be careful moving from button to button. (timeout delay is 0.5 seconds currently)
totemic call will be added on shift-right click soon
currently we're unaware of a "totem stomper" macro to use the buttons, but it's something we'll look into once we get the other features implemented
Numen Created by: Ktrigger, Syntherift, Sorata. Maintained by: Aviana Definition: divine power or spirit; a deity, esp. one presiding locally or believed to inhabit a particular object.
Numen is a totem button addon that creates a row of up to 7 buttons. These buttons hold your current totem you wish to cast for each element, your current weapon buff, your shields as well as a button for totemic call. When you mouse over the button for each elemental type, a pop up of buttons will be displayed. Clicking on a pop up button will change your preferred totem. All of this works while in combat.
Pop up clicking
* Left click: cast the totem and place it in main bar
* Right click: place totem in main bar
* Shift-Left click: cast totem and leave main bar as it is * Alt-Left click: cast rank 1 of that totem (yet to be implemented)
* Keybindings for each main button
* Totem button changing in combat
* Fubar Plugin (left click to lock/unlock)
* DreamLayout type button display
* Tooltips on buttons
* Dynamic building of buttons
* LoD functionality
* Localization (spell localization in, options to come)
* Cooldowns on buttons
* Options for display (alpha, scale, pop up scale, padding, layout orientation)
* Module for pulse indicators on certain totems
* Module for totem timers
* Announcement of manatide totem
* CyCircled Support
* Pop up and main button re-ordering through a menu
-- check the last few posts by Aviana for current plans --
- Feel free to give suggestions, we will take them with a grain of salt and may or may not implement them