I have consolidated all of the states available into the following list: Actionbar pages (1 through 6), Stance pages (0 through 7), Stealth, Harmful/Helpful/Neutral or non-existent target, Shift, Ctrl, and Alt modifier keys, Solo/Party/Raid, Pet exists, Target exists, Focus exists, In/Out of Combat (though this isn't usable at the moment... no way to set up the buttons in combat just yet), Walking/Mounted/Flying.
Sounds fantastic. The only states I currently use are actionbar pages (by the way, did you know InfiniBar is apparently the only actionbar addon that allows this kind of paging on more than one bar? <3), stance pages, and stealth pages. Some of the others look interesting though, if only for the ability to hide bars when they're not needed. One question: in the current version, if I set a bar to only have 4 "scrollable" pages (not sure what the official name for normal paging is), and page through with shift+mousewheel, once it hits page 4, it will just stay on 4 through the mousewheel ticks that would normally page to 5 and 6. In this case the desirable behavior would be to page 1-2-3-4-1, instead of 1-2-3-4-4-4-1. I know the Blizzard actionbars do this when you take a page out of the rotation and show it as an "extra bar"; is it possible to do this in an addon, and will InfiniBar be able to do it?
Quote from jjsheets »
The autocast modifier is now always checked. I will implement a toggle option per bar, and possibly per button, if there is demand for it.
I don't think there's really much need for a toggle, as long as your code is smart and doesn't let a user with, say, ALT as their selfcast modifier enable ALT paging.
Quote from jjsheets »
Add the ability to lock all button contents within a button group at once.
Excellent. This was something I kept meaning to patch into the current InfiniBar but never quite got around to doing. :p
cyCircled has an InfiniBar plugin. However, two things to note:
1. cyCircled is not aware of new InfiniBar buttons immediately, so it can't skin them immediately. After you create all the buttons you need, reload your UI so cyCircled can "see" the buttons and skin them.
2. You mention that you're new, so I assume you're also new to InfiniBar and maybe addons in general. As such, I would recommend that you don't use InfiniBar right now. The current version works, but taints excessively and is somewhat buggy. Until jjsheets releases the 2.0 version he's working on, I'd recommend you try another bar mod that is currently supported by its author, like Bartender3, Bongos2, Trinity2, or even FlexBar2.
Honestly, if you're not already using InfiniBar, I would recommend using Bongos2, Bartender3, or even FlexBar2 instead. InfiniBar is not supported or maintained by any actual author, and will only continue to break and cause more taint in future patches.
You were on the right track. I finally got around to fixing the tooltip-not-hiding-on-mouseout issue, and discovered that there was rather a lot of code being executed repeatedly to refresh the tooltip while it's visible... which, if you use something like DrDamage, ends up being even more code repeatedly run. Removing the refresh code seems to have no effect on functionality, and dramatically reduces the memory gain and FPS lag while tooltips are open. I'll just commit this change on the SVN, along with the self-cast option I'd posted about some time ago.
Edit: Commited. Working for me; let me know if it breaks something for you.
And yeah, "on next melee" abilities, and the regular attack button, don't stay lit up if you press another button. They light up when you press them, but once you press another button, they un-highlight. I don't use Attack on my bar, and my only "on next melee" ability is my druid's Maul, but I guess it would be pretty annoying if you do put Attack on your bar or have more such abilities...
Pretty much, though, InfiniBar is unsupported. Its author went missing some months ago, and nobody is developing or supporting the addon in his absence. If you want to use it anyway, you can either live with the bugs or learn Lua and fix them yourself. :P
It's very simple, fast, and easy to use, without a bunch of extras. As lightweight as it is, it still has features I don't want. :)
The only thing I do want, that it doesn't come with, is that Lua syntax highlighting. To get it, you can either download the source, add it yourself, and compile it, or download a pre-compiled (although not the latest) version with Lua support. Maybe this weekend I'll quit being lazy and compile a version of the most recent realease with Lua highighting. Maybe.
I tried Notepad++ and found it a bit clumsy, with more features than I wanted or needed, and I absolutely hate a tabbed/nested document interface for source code. Same with the SciTE mod posted on WoWI, and UltraEdit, and nearly every other text editor people recommend. :P
There are three reasons alt-selfcast wouldn't work for you:
1. You have alt paging enabled. Ctrl and shift paging might also prevent alt self-cast from working, but alt paging definitely will.
2. You've somehow changed your self-cast modifier to another key (either shift or ctrl). Enter "/dump GetActionSelfCastKey()" in-game to see what it currently is. If it's not alt, and you want to change it back, do "/script SetActionSelfCastKey("ALT")".
3. You missed a step in adding the modifier self-cast code. (Note that it's not part of the official version of InfiniBar; you need to manually add the code I posted a page or two back.
Thank you immensely! -- Finally converted all my healers to Infinibar!
You're welcome! It was the only thing preventing me from switching to InfiniBar full-time as a keyboard-using healer. :)
Quote from Sofaking »
1. Is there any way to lock the content of a bar, instead of going into each individual button to lock content?
Nope, but this is something I've wanted (preferrably that will work with the Blizzard keybind for "Lock action bars") so I may look into it next time I feel like coding.
2. Is there some list of all of the [text] options that can be placed inside the button? (ie. [itemcount] [key] etc...)
The ones currently in are [itemcount] [key] [btnnum] [rank] and [reagent]. If you use DrDamage, you can also use [drd]. A macro name textsub shouldn't be too hard, I'll put it on my list of things to do at some point.
I saw a couple posts asking about modifier self-casts, but no response to them, so I've added the feature myself. Here are the code changes if anyone is interested; they are all made in IB_Standard.lua.
Find line 75:
Find line 178:
for i = 1, #self.btn do
Find line 1934 (1940 after the previous change):
function(v) self.rightClickSelfCasts = v self:RefreshStates(self.hdrStateDesc) end,250,waterfall)