thanks for the report. Please let me know the 'blah blah' part as well, as this is rather relevant (also the 'nil' you're reporting is somewhat confusing). Right now I've added a ton of checks and need to know which to keep and which I can remove again to reduce cpu usage.
Basically these tests arent necessarily errors, we'll have to deal with the fact that not all roster information is availble to the client at all times. Once I know exactly in which situations which error occurs, I will simply hide the errors and reschedule a roster update in such cases.
Oh, a not to everyone: if you have access to the test realm, please also post if the problem occured there or on the live servers. Blizzard fixed an event related bug on the 1.11 servers as I was told yesterday, so this needs some testing.
i've been mostly using it on test. It was a count mismatch, and looked like the one in the screenshot above, except the first count was nil, and the second one was a number in the 30's. I'll try to get a screenshot the next time I'm it happens.
There's a couple errors I get. Mainly the ones are something like: "blah blah count nil members 39." This one happens a lot. Not every time the raid changes, but it happens frequently enough. The other one was on test with the latest version when I joined the raid right after I logged in, I got about 6 people without names. It only happened one time though.
FWIW clicking once just highlights the person's name on the list but doesn't change target always. I've gotten into the habbit of double clicking the unit in the frame, which does indeed change targets. I'm not using aceheal or anything like that.
Kyhax, the frame will only show once you're in a raid. If you are in a raid and the frame doesnt show, I can only guess that for some reason it was moved off screen. Set the scaling to something small (e.g. 0.4, which is the minimum), and the frame will hopefully be back. Now drag it to the top left corner of the screen and choose the scale you want. Once you found the scale of your choice, move the frame to wherever you want it to be.
Devla: any suggestions on how to deal with that problem?I know it's updating fast (0.2sec), but not faster or slower than e.g. the CTRA emergency frame. Would reducing the update ratio to 0.5sec help? Is that what we'd really want?
Any way to keep more persistant locations for people? Like say for 5 people damaged you start like this:
Now suppose playera gets healed to 70. Instead of changing the order of the people in the frame, simply leave him where he is. Likewise, if PlayerC gets healed to full (and only 4 people need attention), then simply remove him from the list and it would be:
So basically when somebody's priority changes do something like this:
if on list:
.. if still on list than do nothing
.. otherwise remove from list and find next worse off and replace the slot he was in with the next-attention needing person.
if not on list:
.. if no worse than worst person on list, than do nothing
.. otherwise replace worst person with the new person.
I realize that it's not simply percentages, but I'm pretty sure you have some sort of "score" to determine if one player needs attention more than another. You might say that it makes choosing the "worst off" player difficult. Maybe the top slot would always be the worst off, then have 10 more slots use the above algorithm (and include the worst off in it too). To address the fact that it won't really be in the same order, you might adjust the transparency of the background so that the worst off are more red or something. I'm not sure, just throwing out ideas on that part.