Ok I loaded my old saved variable for macaroon but its been a month since I used to so I can't really say what abilities specifically changed buttons to ID type. It is possible I moved the quest item on the bar ( I am click impaired =O.. must have a hot key! ). I move the abilities from bar to bar constantly ( a mouseover 'storage bar' ). I did have few blizzard macros that couldn't be avoided ( EWOConsumables, Squire, IHML, lucky charms macros that I use once in the blue moon ) and I tried to keep them separate ( ID stuff on ID bars and abilities on Marco Text) but they ended up mixed eventually.
The saved buttons panel was buggy or me. I used 30000.27-28 versions of macaroon and the buttons were always 'behind' the panel. They were not selectable as far as I could tell ( unless I don't understand how to use/move/copy them? ). Almost all my macros start with #showtooltip in the macro editor ( they had names and notes - I selected to use the notes as their description - I guess it didn't do what I thought it would ) and the tooltip was behind the frame so it was hard to figure out what the macro actually is that ( I thought If I can't move the macros I can do quick copy and paste but then finding it was a challenge ). I made a quick screenie of what I am talking about:
This screenie is actually of 30000.28.1 version of Macaroon from wowinterface.
Lastly, the possesion bar was a real headache. I use alt modifier a lot and out of habit I happen to hit few times it when in a vehicle. Poof - possession bar gone - I had to go back to configuration mode to swap it back ( maybe there is script to swap it back - I don't know - I'm not talented enough to figure it out ).
I had to give up on Macaroon :(. Mostly because of how the action IDs work. I recreated most of my blizzard macros with Macaroon, nps there. Problem lies in the fact I change my buttons on the fly between the fights and therefore I can't use MacroText buttons for regular 'action' bars . Dragging an dropping regular abilities changes buttons into IDs. Buttons will propagate every time and it will mess with rest of my bars ><. Furthermore, I could never figure out how to 'reset' the IDs so they are 'in order' again after they get 'shifted' so I ended up recreating bars many times. That was just too much work =P.