I won't be adding any features to Squeenix, it's complete in my view (It was complete when it still ran off Ace1). then people started adding and removing shit, things were done partially, lots of new "my map goes black" issues cropped up....
Yea, see I'm about to the point of just ripping the mod back to what I wanted it to do :P
My reogr was to help seperate out the new shit into easy to deal with modules, it wasn't opening the mod back up for new features. If you want to add something feel free to write up a module, but as I've stated a few times, I will not be adding to this mod.
Okey, guess it's time for a batch of replies. First off I want to make this clear, Squeenix WAS a complete mod. I had no intents of adding features, hell I wasn't even going to convert it to Ace2 till I absolutly HAD to. Then a few people started adding crap to it (like moving the map) and REMOVING things I had (the compass directions). So this big batch of commits recently was me attempting to put shit in order, and seperate out each feature into a module, like how Prat is designed. So this means two things to all of you:
1) I won't be adding new features to Squeenix. You're welcome to write a module, but I won't be. It does what I want it to do (and then some), I have no motivation to add more.
2) I won't be supporting the features I didn't add. If I see some blatent issue I'll fix it, but if it's not something that I can reproduce on me end... well yea...
- I've moved some of the default frames to better fit the square map, but no, I won't be adding a means of moving any icon, sorry.
- Does ICU work fine if you reset the map location and lock it? The reset command reanchors the minimap back into the minimapcluster as if it had never been moved at all.
- Bah, you don't need to go west anyway! I'll tinker, but "it works for me".
- Otto, you don't by chance have FuBar in and adjusting the frame positions do you? I know it bumps the map down if you have it set to.
Yes, you see more terrain... take the usualy round minimap and draw a square around it, that's what you now see. The arrows (town/corpse/party) still stick to the circular mask tho, there's no way to change that. Also tracking abilities will stay in the circular mask, I'm sure blizzard would consider it unfair if square minimap users saw more on tracking than roundies.
Squeenix is a simple square minimap addon. It does the basic bits, applies a new texture/mask to the minimap, hides a few of the default frames. As a small bonus it also enables the mousewheel as a means of zooming in or out.