1. I got many iterations of Interesting, since I've never had baggins installed.
The baggins thingy is because curse.com has a dummy element on EACH addon page for an old version of baggins - either (if you're not paranoid) som remnant from development they've forgotten to remove, or (the conspiracy theory) to trip up addon updaters. I probably have to fix the error message a bit, since it'll probably grab that old version of baggins if you try to update the "real" baggins :P
Download the latest available .dmg (either WUU-1.8.595-light or WUU-1.8.595) and let it self-update - I'm not able to build the .dmgs right now :(
Quote from Reacean1 »
I'm not sure how or why, but at some point I accidently had set ShockAndAwe to ignore in WUU, and now WUU refuses to keep the setting for it as anything but ignore. I've tried to locate the file that would have the settings for this to alter it manually but I've been unsuccessful so far. I'm not sure if it's a bug with the ignored flag or if it's just a bug with this add-on as I haven't chanced changing anything else to ignore to find out.
Check if there's a ".svn" or "_svn" or ".git" folder in your ShockAndAwe folder - if so, it's safe to delete (unless you're the developer of SAA). The "forced ignore" is a safeguard so developers don't have their addons overwritten by accident ;)
My latest experience with WUU (a work in progress):
1. I'm on a Mac.
2. I had been using WowMatrix for a while, because it was easy. However, with all the negative press it's getting (and the fact that I know that TK asked that autobar be removed from it) I decided to go back to WUU.
3. I couldn't figure out how to easily tell WUU to just go with my current addons folder and forget anything in its local database (I switched from non-embedded back to embedded libs) so I deleted everything I could find about WUU on my hard drive (the application package, support files, and preferences in both my account and on the main system) and reinstalled WUU.
4. Reinstalling was a bit problematic - as was posted upthread, the links to the latest Mac versions (598 ) are broken - they give 404 "file not found" errors. So I downloaded the beta (587) version and ran that. It told me there was a new version, so I hit "update" and it downloaded the (nonexistant?) 598 version - or claimed to do so.
5. I deleted both my addons folder and my wtf folder, and restarted wow. this puts the blizz default ui stuff in place, of course. Then I added the Mirage UI package. Now I have 151 folders in my addons folder.
6. start up WUU. It lists 243 addons. ??
7. I went through and manually deleted from WUU's list all the stuff WUU listed that wasn't actually in my addons folder. Got the list down to 152 addons. I have no idea where the extra addon comes from. Then I hit "save" in WUU. Quit and restarted WUU, and it still lists 152 addons - but the list matches the 151 folders actually in my addons folder. I checked again. Twice.<deleted "confused" smiley since this <expletive deleted> forum software won't let me include it.>
That's where I am now - and I have to go do stuff. I'll come back to this later today.
1. My condolences :(
2. Yay :D
4. There is no .dmg version of the later WUUs due to problems with my Mac, but if you download a previous version and let it self-update, it uses the source code download to update, so that works perfectly :)
3./6./7. The thing you need to do to make WUU forget everything is to delete addons.wurm.xml from your WoW folder :)
I just grabbed your latest stable version from the website, every time I update it just spams me with file is not a zip for all my addons (from various sites). In other words, this updater seems completely broken, and I don't plan on typing in every URL. :) Version check seems to work though.
"File is not a zip" is something that usually happens when your virus scanner doesn't "let go" of the file early enough :(
I did add a short delay to the previous verion, but it's clearly not enough in all cases. Which antivirus do you use? I'll bump up the delay/make it user configurable in the next version...
Ran CCleaner & NOD32 just to make sure nothing was corrupted on my end - and still no dice.
Here's something odd though - I created a new user on my computer, and ran WUU perfectly! I suppose that is helpful, hehe, but now I'm really stumped! For now I'll just switch users I guess and run WUU that way - but I thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced this or had suggestions for a solution.
Sorry for not responding earlier: on your "non-working" user, could you check "%USERPROFILE%\WUU" (just type that in Run) and see if there's anything funny in WUU.log? Also, if you just rename/delete that folder, it will reset WUU to defaults and probably fix the problems :)
Log: 2008-10-17 09:54:47: (INFO) Trying to identify all selected addons 2008-10-17 09:54:47: (INFO) Addon Auc-Advanced identified as Auctioneer/AuctioneerAdvancedSuite 2008-10-17 09:54:49: (WARN) Could not find Auc-Advanced update date on page - is site ID correct? 2008-10-17 09:55:23: (WARN) Could not find Auc-Advanced update date on page - is site ID correct?
I made the addon "unknown" and then identified it, it failed, then I changed it to "AuctioneerAdvanced" and tried it again, still failed.
Not complaining, just letting you know what I see.
Additional Reading and I fixed it for myself:
open "\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\WUU\site_re.txt and fix the line
exit WUU and reload, it gets todays update just fine
would you consider adding a curse.com search feature?
I have a very simple one written in python using urllib2. If you would be willing to add it, I could add some UI for it in WUU and send you a diff. I started writing it after 3.0.2 when I had to search curse for the addons I used and then copy paste the ID out of the url. Or if you want I could just send you the scraper code.
Sure, I'll add whatever makes sense :) (Preferrably finished code, of course ;))
Bug fix: Crash on some HTTP errors blocked all updating
This should get things somewhat back on track. Same deal as last time; OSX should auto-update. (It's just hell of a lot more convenient to do these mini-releases right now, I'll do a full release when things settle down)