For some reason the program will not even open for me. I click on it and the bar will open on the task bar but no program window will appear. This happened even before I started receiving that error. I am updated to the latest version as far as I know.
A question, since I forgot: Can anyone confirm that installing the VC++ 2008 redistributable actually makes WUU .605 run on a computer that previously couldn't? I would assume it does, but nobody has stated it explicitly ;)
A friend of mine tried to download the dmg file for mac, and got a 404. Might want to check that out.
Yeah, when I do quick builds like these I often don't have time to get my Mac up and running - I really need to find an alternative way to those OSX builds :( EDIT: Forgot to mention: .605 dmg is built now, so it should work.
And thanks for the suggestion, Groumf - I've added it now ;)
I have been trying to get WUU to work on "generic SVNs", but it's a bit tricky to fit it into the framework that's set; some of the code from AceSVN etc. can be used of course, but we hardcode a lot of the parameters there.
I tried implementing Git, too, but it doesn't seem to have any kind of "version numbers", making it hard to decide "is this updated in any way?"
I have read through this thread quickly now - it seems the email alerts haven't worked in a while, so I just assumed nobody posted :P To fix some of the "major" problems with WUU would require something like a full re-write, something I really don't feel like doing ;)
Anyhow, the reason .604/.605 are a bit tricky to run is that I built it on Python 2.6 rather than 2.5, and am currently running Windows 7 64-bit, but I did test it on my spare XP 32 computer, where it worked fine... I'll try a "clean" computer and see what happens.
Would the fact that its skipping files screw up the addon? is there a way to a .rb to a whitelist?
Hi, as far as I know, the .rb files are Ruby scripts, and can't in any way be run by WoW itself - the white list in WUU contains all currently known extensions used by WoW, and any files skipped due to this list are just (for the most part) extra files by the addon author, or (potentially) dangerous files like executables.
I'm retrieving Baggins-r81829.2... this is not the latest version.. I'm not sure why this is happening.
I noticed this, and manually downloaded the latest version, deleted the Baggins dir, installed the latest version, and then ran WUU... It then proceeded to downgrade my baggins to from Baggins beta-2008-10-15-30000 to Baggins-r81829.2..
Meh, that's a side effect of Curse having a hidden element with 81829.2 on EVERY addon page :( I need to make it ignore that element entirely, not just on "every addon that's not baggins"